Untangling words and yarn

Untangling words and yarn

Thursday, 3 December 2015

The Age/SMH Cryptic by NS #20,791

I had to take my daughter for a doctor's appointment this morning so I took the puzzle with me and I got most of it finished in the waiting room - all by myself! I usually have my phone with me but this morning I forgot it at home. I had no dictionary app, no thesaurus no internet cheat access: nothing! I only had my brain. I won't lie, I felt not up to the task because I rely on my tech support way too much. My blankie.

I solved all but four clues on my own. I am psyched! The NE corner was where I fell short and 4D in particular stopped me. It wasn't until I started typing this up I got it. so I have now solved and parsed all but 23A Former party is about right on the bookplate (2,6) for EX LIBRIS and there I just can't see where the second I comes from. Former = EX and party = LIBS with "right" = R so is the just LIB with IS from the clue and R? "IS about R" where about is getting us to swap those? I'm not sure.


Just have DA to look forward to tomorrow. Been a good week so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a crack