Good Monday to you. LR has been gentle with us and given us an easy puzzle to break into the week. I had this one done in record time, it had some great clues, too. I especially loved 8D and 19D. I don't have any questions, I was able to parse everything. If anyone has a question I'm happy to answer. Here's my pic:
I had time so I gave the Rufus a try in the guardian. One benefit of DST is I get to print that at 9am instead of later. It wasn't so bad and I found the top half doable and then the bottom got a lot tougher and I had to cheat on a few. The picture isn't very good colour-wise to show which the red marks.
I have a few queries here:
12A - Limited the movement of stock (8)
I'm struggling to see the cryptic angle of this clue. It's so much like a straight clue I was confused.
25A - A cricket team's turning point (4)
I get the definition is "turning point" to become AXIS but I'm not understanding the cricket reference.
27A - Like the set of three in wash (6)
Even with cross letters I had no idea what was going on.
16D - Makes a secret assignation (7)
I can see how "makes" is CREATES but how does a tryst, rendezvous, meeting become creates?
I think that was it. I managed to suss out the other ones myself. I was really led astray with 11A thinking it was TORPOR instead of STUPOR and missing that "in a state" was anagrind. I thought it was was shifting of "port" in a US state and thought Oregon.
That was my day of puzzles and it was good to have them as I was stuck indoors with a sick daughter full of gunk and coughs. Fingers crossed I don't catch her lurgy. Hoping your Monday was kind to you.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Have a crack