I don't know about you but I had a struggle with this one. Partly LR's clues and partly my misspelling PAVOROTTI for 16A. I then put OBJECTS in 17D thinking I'd figure that out later which meant I had trouble with 24A because I thought it was UCLA and a portion of a word for "porky" which was really annoying me. Eventually I had to erase them all and try again. I tried FIBULA and wondered if LR meant Berkley as BULA then I found that Boston University has a branch in LA called BULA and then couldn't figure out where the FI came from. It was a lot of breaking through my own preconceived notions but I got the answer, the right way, eventually.
I would also like to state that all African antelopes should be shot. Okay! Maybe nothing that extreme but I'd like to never find one in a crossword puzzle ever again. Never ever again. There are too many of them and I am not going to become a zoologist.
Those few niggles aside, the rest of the puzzle went very well; here's my pic:
I don't have time just now to do a full breakdown but if anyone has a question on anything feel free to ask in the comments. Enjoy this glorious weather, looks like Melbourne shall be spoiled all week. I think it may be time to fire up the BBQ and have a dip in the ocean.
Just an extra: Is there a Nina in this? I see "Bees" "low" "RnB" ...I'll have to look closer later.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Have a crack