Not too difficult today and plenty of straightforward cluing. Very light on anagrams, I think there are just two. Lots of double definitions and and cryptic definitions. A few of them I was a big vague about and I needed One Across to help me get 25A and 5D.
22A - State Emergency Service missing hooters (5)
I had all the cross letters in place and took a guess the answer was NOSES with "hooters" as the definition but it is just that with the SES "missing" it's NO SES? Rather Boo Hiss if it is.
24A - Make haste - just like that! (4)
I put in DASH more for the "make haste" side but I don't know what it all means. The exclamation mark makes me think it's an &lit but I'm missing it...oh I'm a moron; there's a frigging - in the clue! I always ignore punctuation and didn't pay it any mind. I kept thinking it was a Tommy Cooper thing.
Other than those, I had this one done in time for lunch where Malcolm and I headed into town to grab our free Boost drink. We were the first Malcolm & Julie couple to claim one. I wager we'll be the only.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Have a crack