Wow, this one must have been done by most in time for the coffee to be just the right drinking temperature. It took me an hour and I didn't have any internet to help me because regional broadband is AWFUL! Screw you Malcolm Turnbull! Screw you and your lame copper wire shit! Fibre all the way!
Ok rant over - well that rant. Anyone else find 1A a bit off? Not the nicest way to start a puzzle. Yes I'm sure it's supposed to be funny and maybe I'm lacking that particular funny bone but I found it crass. I sat there hoping the answer wasn't what I thought it was - but it was. Also we had the same answer for 10A with DA on Friday - why does that happen so often? I'm convinced the compilers have a group meeting and set challenges for words and phrases. Here's my pic:
The only two I'm a bit unsure of is 3D and 9A. I got the answer for 3D, ANTICLINE by googling. I guess it's "caper" = ANTIC and "mark" = LINE where "antic" goes "previously" to make it the front word. For 9A I had to use one across and it suggested AGIST which was a field rented for feeding livestock, is this right? I knew the "soldier" = GI but why is AST a bar? AS T? I know a T-bar from skiing.
We had a nice day in Melbourne today, and my youngest came home, played in the garden for 10 minutes, complained of a headache, whined for half an hour, vomited everything and is now asleep. Is it wrong of me to be thankful she didn't hork in the car? Fingers crossed it's just a bug she picked up and it's gone now. Day two of hols and I've got a puker - I should have set up a betting pool.
Have a great night!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Have a crack