Untangling words and yarn

Untangling words and yarn

Friday, 23 May 2014

New Project and it's DAday

I've been running about like a headless chook this week! Not managed to crack into one puzzle. I've bought the papers, saved the pages and have them lined up ready to dig into while on my flight. That'll probably be too late to publish anything about them and the solutions are all out, and they're old puzzles...

I may do a post about solving types of clues. There are lots around but maybe a newbie solver's take would be different from a compiler's one.

I finished the YipYip scarf and it will be glory scarf on my vacation. I started a new project, a variation on the YipYip that includes raised picot ruffle bits on the shells and it's a bit full on. I think it'll be too loud for me. I think it's mostly too loud for anyone over the age of 10. Loud yarn may be better served in simpler patterns than crocheted picot shells. Tell me what you think




It's a bit mental, no? I shall persist because I think this yarn will be impossible to pull back and restart. Once I started on this path, I had no choice. I'm glad I decided against adding clear beads - that would've been well OTT.

Aw, it's bit like a wild butterfly.

Anyway, I'll be digging into DA's puzzle after the morning coffee. Wish us luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a crack