I needed another ball and there are limited specialist yarn stores in my area. Plenty in Melbourne! I know one shop, Morris and Sins, but they charge a flat rate of $25 for shipping with online purchase. Even standard AusPost doesn't charge that, in fact they charge half that! That's so beyond insane and such an obvious money grab it's sickening. another shop I know charges less but I'd hoped my friend could pick the yarn up for me if I paid over the phone - no go. she's swamped. I googled about and found one yarn store locally (that's within 20km) and phoned them up.
The lady answered she didn't have any more Zauberball 100. It was on order. So bummed out! Then she said she didn't order much of it as most customers preferred the mixed fiber yarn over 100% wool - fair enough. Then she says "I mean, I do have one ball left...it's colourway 2170.." THAT'S WHAT I WANT! beyond delighted - when do you shut? Will you hold it? I'm on my way!
Got there and it's slightly different, favouring more blue over pink and getting more purple mix through it but that means more variety for my project. She even gave me a $4 discount for taking the last ball! Score!
I also spied this very pretty yarn nestled beside the Zauberball display...isn't it jolly and bright! Sparkles and rainbows! Dreamy, shiny soft...
Looking forward to getting this worked up into something lovely. Even though I'd read a review of it that warned "Then on the yarn itself: i love the colours and the fact that they’re so randomly mixed, but the yarn bleeds (when wet). It bleeds bright neon pink. It bleeds like crazy. Like nothing I’ve ever seen. Like fluorescent lemonade. Like somebody having a really bad period. Even after three rinses the water turned an alarming pink. I was amazed there is still so much colour left in the shawl. And luckily it doesn’t seem to have affected the other colours. But one thing is for sure: this shawl is not to be worn on damp or rainy days."
Flourescent lemonade - how stunning. I cannot wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Have a crack