Untangling words and yarn

Untangling words and yarn

Monday, 19 May 2014

Knuckle down...

I've got a busy week ahead. I'm packing and getting ready for a two week trip to the USA. I've got Girl Guides to organise while I'm away and a family to sort. I also have to pack.

I may not have time to get through all the crosswords this week, and while travelling I might get to a couple. I think the Boston Globe does a cryptic and the New York Times. I'll be in LAX for a few hours so I can grab an LA Times. Even though I am American, I have sneaking suspicion I'll be just as clueless about the up to date stuff in their puzzles as I am about Australian ones, since I emigrated in 95'  to the UK and a lot has changed since then. I do have a few back issues of Games magazine I've been saving. I've had a subscription, through its many changeovers, since I was 15.

I'm bringing a few crochet and knitting projects - just small ones. I've double checked knitting needles and crochet hooks are allowed as carry-on in flights and so far no one's twitchy about yarn tools as dangerous weapons.

My main goal is to catch up with family and friends and eat my weight in seafood. I'm not taking my laptop, just my phone so will probably post pictures and brief, general descriptions.

So much to do...I'm not a happy traveller. I plan to sleep deprive and use American EST to reduce jet lag. I wonder if it'll work. Experimentation is fun.

Until then I have butter scented, seaside dreams...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a crack