Untangling words and yarn

Untangling words and yarn

Wednesday, 22 October 2014

The Age cryptic by DH #20,422

No time for a full post. I have to get to Melbourne and back today. I will put up the picture and I do most of the basic breakdowns on the page. My scribbles aren't too hard to decipher: I underline definitions, squiggly lines are fodder, boxes around words are anagrinds, circles around words are actionable words, asterisks are fodder, and circled letters are usually initialisms or one word clues like "Redhead" where I'll circle the R and underline the "head" part to show its function.

28A is a Reverse Anagram which is what the "R.A." notation means.




I learned some new words with 5D, 13D, 17D and 18D but thankful the parsing of the clues was straightforward. I don't know how 19A last two letters SI are parsed and 22D how does "tap on" = COCK? or have I got that all wrong?

I got to run. Fingers crossed for no flat tires!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a crack