I saw this blanket at a flea market (I don't know what they call them in Australia) and I liked the flower design of the basic square. I think I'd do an extra round leaving chain 2 loops around the square to use as crochet joins as I go along, rather than make the black double crochet join.
It reminded me of some of the designs by Finnish designer (Gosh I don't know her true name) Oma Koppa. Her blog is a delight, full of ideas and inspiration. Lots of fun. She looks like a wonderful person. I've stalked her through Pinterest for over a year now.
I've been working on three baby blankets for a friend who's due in August and have one granny square mostly done. I'm just finishing on the edging. Then I have a one colour lacier design that'll be done this week and finally a knitted square blanket that is wrecking my shoulder. I have a few squares done in letters for the baby (they know they're having a boy) and hearts, anchors (they're Dockers fans) and one that's got 2014 on it. I may do a simple crocheted center and sew the knitted squares around that to save me needing physio so much. I don't know why knitting gets my shoulder into knots where crochet doesn't. One day, I'll just buy a knitting machine and be done with needles, forever!
I'll share more pictures once the blankets are done. See, I do crochet as well as puzzle solve!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Have a crack