A much easier offering this week. I got about 25% through last week's before thinking I had better things I ought to be doing than tormenting myself. I gave today a good go and got the LHS done and most of the lower RHS before calling into the D.A. Trippers for a few hints to get me going in the NE. I got 6A&6D in last.
On many I could solve half of the clue which could get me the answer but I couldn't solve the end of the clue. Here's my pic:
11A - Supported seeing the future as doubly old? (8)
"Supported" is our definition and "seeing the future" = ESP but how does "doubly old" = OUSED?
19A - Boxer, thumped on face, came down to earth (4)
"Came down to earth" is the definition and "boxer" = ALI but how does "thumped on face" = T?
29A - Female all but staggered to describe pen stroke (9)
"Stroke" is the definition and I got the "female" = F part and needed cross letters to get that the rest made FREESTYLE but how I just don't see.
1D - Duck dunking wings in dock works (5)
"Duck" is the definition and "DunkinG wings" = DG going "in dock works" = DOE? Why does "dock works" = DOE? Oh is it DOE(-s)? Are we "docking" the end of DOES? That I would understand.
6D - Uni in Paris, or another Euro city, blocking separate vacation (8)
Cross letters and One Across got me this. I had no idea. I couldn't decide on which end was the definition or how to start with this clue.
13D - Rum-soaked sign on Holden wheel, baby (6,2,3)
I got this from cross letters and guessing the definition was "baby" but other than that I don't get it.
15D - Joined firm for beers - cold I shrugged? (9)
"Joined" is the definition and "firm" = CO, "for beers" = ALES, "cold" = C so how does "I shrugged" = ED?
That's me. Finished before 2pm is always a win so I am very thankful to DA for being kind to us this week. I will fire up the BBQ tomorrow and have a few yummies to celebrate the 4th of July and take the kids to out to see a movie or two.
I've been doing some painting, too. I've never tried it before and thought that abstract stuff would be ok to try. I've watched a few Youtube videos and had a go. It's fun. The walls in our house have been bare since we moved in so I'll make something that fix that (No I'm not painting on the walls...well only in the garage), even if they are amateurish. I need the distraction.
Thank you for the kind words and support, they are appreciated. I'm getting along, good days and bad. Have a great weekend.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Have a crack